REAC COVID Inspection Notices, Procedures, Rules, and FAQs
REAC has issued the Notice and FAQ to not only assure that REAC Inspectors and properties do not spread COVID-19 but also contains policies properties owners must adhere to during a REAC Inspection. The webinar by REAC expert speaker Hank Vanderbeek will discuss the newly issued REAC COVID inspection Notice (procedures and rules) and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that have to be followed for REAC inspectors, property residents, and property owners.
Hank will also discuss what properties will be targeted and how they will be targeted for an inspection, and what properties can do to avoid being inspected and stopping or postponing an inspection. REAC is using a heat map to identify who qualifies for an inspection which will be discussed in detail and how to use the Map to predict when REAC might be inspecting your property. This Webinar also touches on recent training and guidance that REAC provided on electrical and other deficiencies REAC Inspectors are having the most trouble with per REAC Inspectors’ supervisors. Some of the misapplied defects include those related to electrical recorded in the wrong area and missing covers. Hank will briefly touch on broken window defects and resident-owned items.
Recent REAC FAQs include 56 questions about COVID will be discussed including inconsistencies and contradictions between the Notice and the questions. Sample FAQs include:
- My property is over-due for an inspection but is in a high-risk county. Will it be inspected?
- How do I know if a property is due for an inspection?
- What about inspections that were awarded prior to REAC’s suspension of inspections?
Who Should Attend
- Top management & owners will better understand who and how to keep everyone COVID safe
- Property managers – prepare for COVID safe inspections
- Maintenance supervisors - learn how to inspect under COVID
- Support staff - to better understand everyone’s role in the pandemic