Pre authorizations and referrals can be complex, time consuming and frustrating. Insurance companies take advantage of your administrative staff not knowing the process and deny covered procedures for reasons some can’t explain. Authorizations can delay patient care and take up hours of staff and provider time. Studies show that 78% of prior authorizations can sometimes, often or always lead to patients abandoning a recommended treatment. Payers should not determine how patients should be cared for, this webinar training will allow your practice to take back that power and get authorizations and referrals upon the first submission.
The burden of ever-changing policies and guidelines can seem impossible, but with some help you can simplify the process and improve your success rate!
Our expert, Stephanie Thomas CPC CANPC, has seen it all. Working with payers across the country in multiple specialties she has a vast understanding of the games insurances play. During this webinar our expert speaker Stephanie will provide proven strategies to make this process more efficient and much less stressful.
We will go through the process authorizations, step by step, to give you the tools to take this from unattainable to seamless for your practice!
- Patient involvement and communication-can speed up processing
- Types of authorization-know the most appropriate for your cases
- Importance of documentation and auditing- get approvals quick
- Payer education, Coverage policies and guidelines-feel confident with clinical information
- Denials and Appeals Process-quick action, better results
- Time management-improve the flow of your day
- Payer changes-stay informed
- Outsourcing-the pros and cons
Where to start, how to make this easier, save time and money on staff, how to appeal an unfavorable decision, what can providers do to help, getting patients involved in their healthcare and insurance benefits, identify trends within the practice
- Main issues with authorizations and how to avoid them
- Ideas of how to improve internal processes
- Improve revenue with fewer denials
- Resolve documentation flaws
- Create strong office flow and communication
Who Should Attend
- Medical office staff
- Office managers
- Pre authorization staff
- Billing staff
- Billing managers
- Front desk staff
- Medical assistants