Each year new, revised, and deleted codes are released for ICD-10-CM. For 2023 there are 1,176 New Codes. Making sure your practice is aware of these codes is imperative. Not only codes that are used by your physicians often, but of those that are not. Knowledge of co-morbidity and other condition codes and their guidelines is important for correct compliant coding. After attending this webinar, attendees will have a better understanding about the latest ICD 10-CM changes with the complete list of all code additions, revisions and deletions for 2023
This webinar will give an overview of the new guidelines for 2023 and the new codes and revised codes released for the new year.
Revisions and additions to the ICD-10-CM coding guidelines will be presented. Then an overview of the new and revised codes for 2023 will be presented. Additional information on some codes will be presented to give participants a better understanding of why there are the new codes and what clinical implications these have in their practical application.
- Is a new code Prolonged Grief Disorder
- Are significant additions to the Code First and Excludes I section for Mild Neurocognitive disorders Due to know physiological conditions
- Are codes in the Mental & Behavioral Disorders Due to Psychoactive Substance Use section that are now classified as being “in-remission”
- Are large numbers of new codes in the sections on Vascular Dementia, dementia in Diseases Classified Elsewhere and Unspecified Dementia
- Is expansion of Acidosis section with new codes with Lactic, Respiratory and Metabolic Acidosis
Who Should Attend
Coders, Billers, Office Managers